It is hard to find a cookie recipe that is as easy as no bake cookies.
There is no baking required and all you have to do is follow the instructions and you will end up with crowd pleasing, quick and easy cookies every time.
I have been making these cookies for many years and have seen and followed a variety of recipes.
Sometimes they turned out dry, sometimes they didn’t set up at all, and other times they were the so delicious that they never made it to the cookie jar!
The two biggest secrets to make sure that these cookies are award winning every time is all about the timing.
First of all you will see many recipes that calls for you to boil the mixture from anywhere from 1-3 minutes.
They don’t tell you that you should start timing the boil when it is at a full and rapid boil, not when you first start to see bubbles.
We NEVER go over 1 minute and 15 seconds when boiling, otherwise you end up with too dry of a mixture that results in crumbling cookies.
The second secret may seem silly, but it holds true every time – Do not make these cookies when it is raining outside.
The change in the atmosphere does something that causes the cookie mixture to fail to set properly. Sounds crazy, but don’t risk it.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe
Full Recipe Card At The End Of The Article
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups instant oats
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium sauce pan, add butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. Place on medium heat.
2. While you wait for the mixture to begin to boil, measure out your peanut butter and oats and have your vanilla jar handy. (once this process gets started – you have to work quickly.
3. Next, bring the mixture in the sauce pan to a rolling boil – once it is at a full boil – boil for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
4. Next, Remove from the heat immediately.
5. Add in the peanut butter – stir. Add in the oats – stir. Add in the vanilla – stir.
6. Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with wax paper.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes or until set.
Store in air-tight container.
You might enjoy some of our other holiday cookie recipes, click on the link below to see the recipes:
Our Favorite Holiday Cookie Recipes
**If you would like to receive our Recipe Of The Week – be sure to sign up to follow the blog via email in the right hand column, “like” us on the Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. This post may contain affiliate links.
Mary and Jim
The Secret To Making No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups instant oats
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
In a medium sauce pan, add butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. Place on medium heat.
While you wait for the mixture to begin to boil, measure out your peanut butter and oats and have your vanilla jar handy. (once this process gets started - you have to work quickly)
Bring the mixture in the sauce pan to a rolling boil - once it is at a full boil - boil for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
Remove from the heat immediately.
Add in the peanut butter - stir. Add in the oats - stir. Add in the vanilla - stir.
Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with wax paper.
Let cool for 30 minutes or until set.
Store in an air-tight container
Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms oldworldgardenfarms.com