During the summer months, when you have your grill fired up several times a week, be sure to give grilled sweet corn a try!
It is the easiest way and most delicious way to cook corn on the cob.
Although there are many methods that you can use for grilled sweet corn, we prefer to keep it simple. We grill it right in the husk!
With this method, there is no need to spend time fighting with each cob as you try to shuck the corn. That means less mess and frustration for you trying to get those tiny strands of silk out from in between those hard kernels of corn.
We simply pull off the top 2 layers of the husk and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes. Throw them directly on a hot grill and in 20 minutes, you will be sinking your teeth into delicious grilled sweet corn.
The cooking process requires little maintenance. All you need to do is turn the cobs approximately every 5 minutes. You want the outer layers of the husk to become charred.
Once you take them off the grill, let them cool until they are safe to handle. Now you will be pleasantly surprised about how easily it is to peel back the husk and silk.
As an added benefit you no longer need those hard to insert corn on the cob holders. The peeled back husk now becomes an instant handle which makes it even easier to eat!
If you want additional flavor, peel back the husks before you grill them and spread your favorite seasoned butter on the corn. Replace the husks and place on the hot grill. As the corn cooks, the butter will melt and soak into the kernels.
Grilled Sweet Corn
Seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, cayenne, etc…)
1. Remove top 2 layers of husk off each piece of sweet corn.
2. Soak the corn in water, being sure that they are submerged, for 30 minutes.
3. Heat grill to 450°F
4. Remove the corn from water and place over direct heat on the grill.
5. Grill for approximately 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to char the entire husks.
6. Remove from heat, let cool until able to safely be handled.
7. Peel husks and add butter and seasonings as desired.
Mary and Jim
To receive our 3 Home, Garden, Recipe and Simple Life articles each week, sign up below for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
Grilled Sweet Corn
- Sweet Corn
- Seasoning to taste salt, pepper, cayenne, etc…
- Remove top 2 layers of husk off each piece of sweet corn.
- Soak the corn in water, being sure that they are submerged, for 30 minutes.
Heat grill to 450°F
- Remove the corn from water and place over direct heat on the grill.
- Grill for approximately 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to char the entire husks.
- Remove from heat, let cool until able to safely be handled.
- Peel husks and add butter and seasonings as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms