It is hard to find a cookie recipe that is as easy to make as No Bake Cookies.
The best part, there is no baking required.
Just follow the instructions and you will end up with crowd pleasing, quick and easy cookies every time.
I have been making these cookies for many years and have tried a variety of recipes.
Sometimes the no bake cookies turned out dry and crumbly.
And sometimes they didn’t set up at all and a spoon was needed to eat them.
However, other times they were the perfect consistency and so delicious that they never made it to the cookie jar!
The Secrets To Making No Bake Cookies
The two biggest secrets to make sure that these cookies are award-winning every time is all about the timing.
First of all you will see many recipes that calls for you to boil the mixture from anywhere from 1-3 minutes.
They don’t tell you that you should start the timer when the mixture is at a full and rapid boil. Do not start the timer when you first start seeing bubbles rise to the surface.
Wait until it is at a constant boil.
Be sure to boil for exactly 1 minute and 15 seconds. Otherwise you end up with a very dry mixture that results in crumbling cookies.
The second secret may seem silly, but it holds true every time – Do not make these cookies when it is raining outside.
The change in the atmosphere pressure does something that causes the cookie mixture to fail to set properly. Sounds crazy, but it’s not worth the risk.
Chocolate or Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies?
This recipe gives you instructions on how to make the classic chocolate and peanut butter no bake cookies.
However, you could skip the chocolate and make Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.
Believe me, they are just as good as the ones with the chocolate added.
All you have to do is omit the cocoa powder. You will then end up with Perfect Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.
No Bake Cookies Recipe
*printable recipe card can be found by scrolling to the bottom
Yields: approximately 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups instant oats
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium sauce pan, add butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. Place on medium heat.
2. While you wait for the mixture to begin to boil, measure out your peanut butter and oats and have your vanilla jar and measuring spoon handy. Once this process gets started – you have to work quickly.
3. Bring the mixture in the sauce pan to a rolling boil – once it is at a full boil – boil for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
4. Remove the pan from the heat immediately.
5. Add in the peanut butter – stir. Stir in the oats. Add in the vanilla – stir.
6. Drop the cookie mixture by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with wax paper.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes or until set.
Store cookies in an air-tight container.
Check out our other Cookie Recipes here: OWG Cookie Recipes
Mary and Jim
To receive our 3 Home, Garden, Recipe and Simple Life articles each week, sign up below for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups instant oats
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan, add butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. Place on medium heat.
- While you wait for the mixture to begin to boil, measure out your peanut butter and oats and have your vanilla jar handy. (once this process gets started – you have to work quickly.
- Next, bring the mixture in the sauce pan to a rolling boil – once it is at a full boil – boil for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Next, Remove from the heat immediately.
- Add in the peanut butter – stir. Add in the oats – stir. Add in the vanilla – stir.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with wax paper.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or until set.
Store in air-tight container.
Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.