Here is a great little spring-time twist on traditional salsa!
Since strawberry season is right around the corner here, and our local market is already filled with fresh berries from the south – we decided to mix up our traditional salsa recipe using strawberries and avocados.
The taste is a perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors – with a nice finish of warm heat!
Better yet – with the weather finally warming up enough to get some ‘serious’ work done outside – this is a quick and easy recipe to whip up – taking just a few minutes from start to finish.
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Agave Nectar, honey or white sugar
Gently mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Serve immediately. You can make this a couple of hours before serving, but if you let sit too long, it will develop a liquid base.
Serve with cinnamon tortilla chips, or over top of grilled chicken, pork, or fish for a sweet and savory addition to your meal.
Mary and Jim