So what is your favorite Christmas cookie of all time? Is it the famous sugar cookie cut-out, beautifully decorated with classic icing? Or perhaps the more decadent thumbprint cookie filled with a favorite jelly?

Christmas cookie
The ginger bread man is always a Christmas cookie favorite! (photo credit / shutterstocl / oleksandr shevchenko)

No  matter the choice, there is no doubt that the Christmas cookie has a special place in the hearts of millions around the globe.

Mary’s favorite has always been the delicious no-bake chocolate and peanut butter cookie. (see No Bake Cookie Recipe)

Although it certainly ranks high for me, (as do all cookies), the peanut butter kiss is still my all-time number 1. (Peanut Butter Kiss Recipe)

I can still remember quietly sneaking into the hall closet and trying to carefully extract one from the cookie tins my mom stored away for Christmas company.

Speaking of my mom, this coming Tuesday, Mary will share one of her other “famous and favorite” cookie recipes, the Chocolate Cornflake Cookie. Wow, the more I write, the more I realize I have too many favorites!

So  now we want to hear from you. Below, we created our first-ever Christmas Cookie poll. Cast your vote for one of the many favorites listed, or write in your own special cookie.

While you are at it, take a minute to share your favorite Christmas cookie or memory in the comment section below. We always love when our readers tell of the many great Christmas traditions from all over the world.

Here is to wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous and Blessed New Year! Thank you for following along our journey at Old World Garden Farms.

Jim and Mary

To receive our Recipes, DIY and Gardening articles each week, sign up to follow the blog via email in the right hand column above, “Like” us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. You can also find our new book, Growing Simple now available on Amazon.com.

10 thoughts on “What Is Your All Time Favorite Christmas Cookie? We Want Your Vote!

• December 9, 2016 at 8:44 am

I usually love all things cookies, but my favorite has always been my mom’s fruitcake cookies. I have never met a fruitcake I really like, but the cookies are wonderful fruity, nutty , semi chewy two bite wonders. My mom passed away last year, so I will try to make these without her help. She will be with me when I remove them from the oven and place on cooling racks on the kitchen table.
    Wishing everyone a very blessed, cheerful and peaceful Christmas.

• December 11, 2016 at 8:08 am

What a great tradition! I’ve never tried fruitcake cookies, but this may be interesting to add to our list! We wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas season!

• December 11, 2016 at 8:50 pm

My mom would do the cookies the way I liked without raisins and citrus. Add extra nuts and cherries. Then make up the batch like you would for regular fruitcake, using your favorite recipe. Take spoons full of dough and drop onto baking sheets. Cook at 350 until light brown around edges. Now I have to bake some this week.
        Y’all have a blessed Christmas also.

• December 5, 2016 at 12:42 am

Our family favorites have always been the Scandinavian treats that my German grandmother made for Grandpa, her Norwegian husband. So we do the rosettes, kringla, krumkake and lefse. She also made doughnuts, popcorn balls, fudge and peanut butter blossoms (with the chocolate star) so that is what I voted and what I bake. My generation has added lots of fussy, fancy decorated cookies and candies but it wouldn’t be Christmas without Grandma’s traditions. A couple of years ago we started a Norsk baking day around Thanksgiving or early December where we get together three generations and make lefse and bake all of Grandma’s favorites. Merry Christmas!

• December 9, 2016 at 8:57 am

I miss having us ladies in the kitchen baking cookies. My mom and her sisters have passed on and my sister moved away so that just leaves me. I still love baking anytime of the year, but it’s just not the same.
      Please continue to enjoy your tradition as long as possible and have a very blessed Christmas.

• December 11, 2016 at 8:06 am

Thank you Sandra for sharing. Maybe a long distance cookie exchange could be in your future? I would definitely participate.

• December 11, 2016 at 8:19 am

Grandma’s traditions are always the best! Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas from Mary and Jim

• December 4, 2016 at 7:25 pm

I love them all but decorating sugar cookies and gingerbread people will all ways feel festive. It was something Mom and I always did together. It just is the one thing that feels like a tradition. My daughter and I did them together as well. Since it is just something I now do alone …. I don’t unless I’m making them for something special like a church dinner. Then I want something pretty and easy. For gift giving I make many small loaves of apple, zucchini, and other fruit breads. For long term snacking in mind I make “leathers” of dehydrated fruits and vegetables. A puree of anything seasoned to taste , dried on parchment paper on either dehydrator screens or cookie sheets. If it dried too hard to roll up or chew on, I powder it in a coffee grinder to add to milk or boiling water as a wonderful smoothly, broth or soup base.

• December 4, 2016 at 2:35 pm

For me it’s always been Molasses Cookies first, then Persimmon cookies second choice…..But in the past never been known to turned down any cookie that somebody has graciously taken time to make.

Merry Christmas To All, Peace On Earth, Good Will Towards All Mankind.
    Commodore Collins
    Paragonah, UT

• December 4, 2016 at 10:16 am

I have always loved the Snowball Cookies and out of the seven of us that were in our family it was the one thing that only I shared with my Dad and as he has been gone over thirty years they always remind me of him.

Join Our Mailing List To Get Our Free Gardening Tips, Recipes and DIY Tips Delivered Straight To Your Inbox!

You have Successfully Subscribed!