Have you ever tried Corn Flake Cookies? WAIT – Don’t stop reading here!!!
The first time I tried one, I never knew they were made with corn flakes, let alone dates! But as everyone was raving about the chocolate covered cookies placed neatly on the cookie tray that my sister-in-law brought to our family Christmas party, I knew I had to try one.
Well one turned into a few. Ok, let’s be honest, I might have even stuffed a few in my pockets for the drive home that night. These cookies are so good that even ex-family members still request them at Christmas time!
As Jim’s mom’s recipe was passed along to us, I quickly realized how easy these cookies are to make. They don’t require any baking, only a few minutes over the double broiler to melt down the chocolate. The toughest part was stirring the chocolate into the corn flake mixture. But hey, I need a good workout this time of year anyway!
So the next time you want to make something unique, yet delicious, give these simple to prepare cookies a try. Everyone will be raving about them and asking for more!
Also – be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie Tray Recipes Page for some of our favorite sweets that we share with family and friends each year.
Corn Flake Cookies Recipe
1 lb. milk chocolate
2 oz. unsweetened squares
5 cups of corn flakes (organic preferred)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup dates (chopped)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Melt milk chocolate and unsweetened squares in a double boiler
2. Mix corn flakes, walnuts, dates and salt in a medium size bowl
3. Pour chocolate mixture over the corn flake mixture until well incorporated
4. Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper
Let cool completely before eating. *Can freeze in an air tight container.
Mary and Jim
To receive our Recipes, DIY and Gardening articles each week, sign up to follow the blog via email in the right hand column above, and “Like” us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
You can also check out our newest book, Growing Simple, now available on Amazon.com.
- 1 lb. milk chocolate
- 2 oz. unsweetened squares
- 5 cups of corn flakes (organic preferred)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Melt milk chocolate and unsweetened squares in a double boiler
- Mix corn flakes, walnuts, dates and salt in a medium size bowl
- Pour chocolate mixture over the corn flake mixture until well incorporated
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper
- Let cool completely before eating.
- *Can freeze in an air tight container.
- Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms