I always crave Honey Baked Ham around the holidays. I absolutely love that sweet flavor, soft texture, and that wonderful crunch of the honey baked glaze.
It has been a long standing family tradition to have ham for Christmas dinner at our house.
I can remember my parents ordering a Honey Baked Ham and standing in line early in the morning to pick it up.
For the past several years we have been very fortunate to receive the gift of a spiralized ham for Christmas.
This meant that I had to find a way to make the ham taste just as delicious as the store-bought version.
With just a few key ingredients, we have come up with the absolute best honey baked ham recipe that you can make in your own kitchen!
The ham is absolutely mouth-watering and your entire family will be coming back for seconds (or thirds)!
Honey Baked Ham Recipe
serves: 12-15 people
Spiral-sliced ham, fully cooked (4-5 lbs)
1 cup apple cider
3 TBS apple cider vinegar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup coarse ground mustard
¼ cup honey
Preheat oven to 350F with rack placed on the lowest position in your oven.
1. Mix together apple cider, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and honey in a bowl.
2. Place ham in a large roasting pan and coat with half of the sauce using a baster or brush.
3. Bake for 60-70 minutes, basting every 15 minutes using the remainder of the cold sauce and the drippings from inside the pan. Be sure to baste between the slices as much as you can.
4. If you want the glaze to darken, turn the oven to broil for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
5. Remove from the oven and drizzle the sauce on the ham.
Mary and Jim
To receive our 3 Home, Garden, Recipe and Simple Life articles each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.