Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipe – Ready in Minutes!
Love the taste of homemade chicken soup but don’t want to wait hours for it to be ready? What if we told you that you could make it in under 30 minutes and make it taste like it cooked all day?
We have your answer! Make heart warming and healthy Instant Pot Chicken Soup and it will be on your table in no time!
Ever since we posted about how much we love the Instant Pot, we receive requests daily to post more recipes using the ‘must-have’ appliance of year.
Our absolute favorite and easiest recipe that we make is Homemade Chicken Soup. Not only is it healthy for you, it requires just a few common ingredients that is found in most kitchens.
It is the perfect soup to warm your body and it will make you feel better when you have a cold. You can even add in a few hot pepper flakes or jalapeno peppers to make it clear out your sinuses.
And don’t worry, with this Instant Pot Chicken Soup recipe you won’t even miss the noodles found in traditional chicken and noodle soup! However, if you want to add them in, you could do so by placing the Instant Pot on the saute mode after you remove your chicken to shred. Boil noodles for approximately 6-8 minutes or until tender.
Hint – you can also make your own homemade broth by adding chicken bones, vegetables, salt, pepper and a bay leaf to you Instant Pot. Cover the bones and veggies with water and cook on manual pressure for 90 minutes. Strain and refrigerate or freeze broth until ready to use. That’s all there is to it! (See How To Make Stock in A Slow Cooker or Stovetop)
Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipe
3 ½ cups sliced carrots
4 cups diced celery
1 yellow onion chopped
2 chicken breasts
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
1. Put your chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot
2. Add carrots, celery onion, salt, Italian seasoning and broth.
3. Close and lock the lid. Cook on manual on high pressure for 20 minutes.
4. Once the time is up, slowly quick release the pressure.
5. Carefully remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return meat to the Instant Pot.
5. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Mary and Jim
To receive our 3 Home, Garden, Recipe and Simple Life articles each week, sign up below for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
Chicken Soup Recipe
- 3 ½ cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- Put your chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Add carrots, celery onion, salt, Italian seasoning and broth.
- Close and lock the lid. Press Manual for High pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return meat to the Instant Pot.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms