This is the most delicious slow cooker pot roast and vegetables recipe!
Not only is it the perfect comfort meal, it is also extremely easy to make. The meat literally falls apart and the vegetables are sweet and tender.
There is just something about coming home to the smell of a pot roast that has been slow cooking all day. The aroma alone makes your mouth water in anticipation of a hot and hearty meal.
This recipe is extremely versatile. You can add whatever vegetables that you like to the slow cooker. We have added sweet potatoes, turnips, and even squash when they are in season.
There is no need to brown the meat ahead of time. In fact, we typically use frozen chuck roast so browning isn’t an option. Who wants to clean another pan anyway?
Just add the frozen chunk of meat to the slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready by dinner time! Just increase the cooking time to 10 hours. Cooking times may vary depending on your slow cooker. We use this programmable Crock Pot slow cooker and it turns out perfect every time!
Once the slow cooker pot roast is cooked through, use the juices from the meat to make the gravy. We absolutely love our fat separator to make our gravy. This allows us to strain the fat away from the delicious clear juices.
This makes it easy as we do use some of the fat to make the gravy. You could also substitute butter for the fat if you prefer.
Check out another favorite pot roast recipe that can be made in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot – Mississippi Pot Roast
The Most Delicious Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
1 cup beef broth, low-sodium
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 large russet potatoes, cut in large chunks
1/2 pound of baby carrots
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 boneless beef chuck roast, 3-4 lbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker add beef stock, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic.
2. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
3. Pour Worcestershire sauce over top of the meat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
5. Turn off slow cooker and remove roast, cover lightly with foil and let rest.
6. Strain cooking juices in a bowl, and place vegetables back in slow cooker and cover.
7. Skim fat from cooking juices reserving ½ cup of the fat.
8. In a large saucepan, add ½ cup of the cooking fat. Whisk in flour and pepper until smooth.
9. Slowly whisk in remaining cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
10. Pour half of the gravy mixture with the cooked vegetables and serve the remaining gravy with the roast.
Mary and Jim
To receive our 3 Home, Garden, Recipe and Simple Life articles each week, sign up below for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.