Three cheese bacon dip is one of the easiest and most popular dips at any party.
Most cheesy dips require a block or two of cream cheese. However, this dip uses a unique and delicious ingredient.
Instead of thick and dense cream cheese, this three cheese bacon dip uses cottage cheese as one of the main ingredients. It blends perfectly with the sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, making for an overall lighter dip.
And what would any dip be without bacon and green onions?
Because it has a lighter consistency it is important to let this three cheese bacon dip sit for 10 minutes prior to serving. It allows the texture to thicken enough to be scooped perfectly on a tortilla or pita chip.
While the dish rests, you can make your own pita chips in minutes! See: How To Make Homemade Pita Chips. So next time you need a quick and easy appetizer, give this one a try!
Three Cheese Bacon Dip
16 oz. cottage cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
3 green onions, sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Set aside 2 Tablespoons of cooked and crumbled bacon and 1 teaspoon of sliced green onion to use as the topping when serving.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
3. Spoon into an 8 or 9 inch square glass baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
4. Top with remaining bacon and green onions.
5. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or veggies.
Mary and Jim
To receive our 3 Home, Garden, Recipe and Simple Life articles each week, sign up below for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
Three Cheese Bacon Dip
- 16 oz cottage cheese small curd, reduced fat
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
Preheat your oven to 350°F
Set aside 2 Tablespoons of cooked and crumbled bacon and 1 teaspoon of sliced green onion to use as the topping when serving.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spoon into an 8 or 9 inch square glass baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Top with remaining bacon and green onions.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or sliced vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms