Overnight Monkey Bread isn’t just for Christmas any more!
We have two ‘go to’ breakfast recipes that we prepare the night before for easy baking in the morning. What a perfect way to feed your family or a small crowd for breakfast/brunch.
Our recipe for Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a big hit, not only by our family, but by many of our readers as well.
In fact, it is one of our most viewed recipes. But for those who would like a sweeter treat – one that resembles a mix between a donut and an iced cinnamon roll, then this recipe is for you.
We have been making this recipe for several years, calling it anything from monkey bread, sticky buns, or pull apart bread.
You can make it in a traditional bundt pan, however, if you don’t care about a fancy presentation, then an 9×13 pan works just as well, and it is a little less messy to eat when prepared this way and it actually cooks a little more evenly.
Get creative and add other nuts, raisins, apples, etc.. You can even roll the dough in a cinnamon and sugar mixture if you prefer.
So as you are making that final trip to the grocery store this week, don’t forget to pick up some extra dinner rolls – you are going to need some for breakfast!
Overnight Monkey Bread
1/4 cup of chopped pecans
24 frozen dinner rolls
1 small box cook and serve butterscotch pudding (not instant)
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1. Sprinkle pecans in a greased bundt pan.
2. Place frozen dinner rolls into pan.
3. Sprinkle with butterscotch pudding.
4. Melt butter and stir in brown sugar in small sauce pan. Pour over rolls
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
6. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 and bake on a lower rack for 30 minutes. *Hint: place a cookie underneath to catch any drips.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes (no longer).
7. Turn over onto a plate big enough to catch all the extra syrup that will spill out of the pan.
8. Pull apart to eat.
**If you would like to receive our Recipe Of The Week each Friday – be sure to sign up to follow the blog via email in the right had column, “like” us on the Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
Mary and Jim
Overnight Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 24 frozen dinner rolls
- 1 small box cook and serve butterscotch pudding, not instant
- 1 stick, 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Sprinkle pecans in a greased bundt pan.
- Place frozen dinner rolls into pan.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch pudding.
- Melt butter and stir in brown sugar in small sauce pan. Pour over rolls
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 and bake on a lower rack for 30 minutes. *Hint: place a cookie underneath to catch any drips.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes (no longer).
- Turn over onto a plate big enough to catch all the extra syrup that will spill out of the pan.
- Pull apart to eat.
Recipe courtesy of Old World Garden Farms
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g